Tuesday 11 January 2011

The search for a perfect foundation

This may be ongoing. I dream of a foundation that is light but with good coverage, that smells nice, is easy to apply, suits my skin tone and doesn't cause me an allergic reaction. Seems like the Holy Grail of foundation. In the last six months I have used: Gosh matte mousse (too dry and too orange), L'oreal Perfect Match (coverage good but didn't last the day), Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Luminizing (nice but allergic), Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I adore this but only have a sample pot and its £££s) and Bourjois Detox Foundation (weirdly dry when applying and sort of flakes off, good colour though).

I struggle with finding a good shade as I am very pale but with yellow toned skin - the shades described as "golden" are closest in tone, but always too dark. Colours that are pale enough tend to be too pinkish and make me look ill. I have eczema and so react to lots of foundations - but need one to cover occasional flare-ups, and my skin is not clear enough to be baseless!

I haven't yet found the dream foundation...if you have any recommendations please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment